National Disability Service Standards
Remember you have rights
- It is important to us that you know and understand your rights – we’ll support you and to provide encouragement, guidance and assistance in any choices that you make.
- People with a disability have the right to respect, dignity and to full participation in society. Our service allows you to maximize your choices for social participation and cultural inclusion.
- We respect your right to privacy and confidentiality of any personal information and records and will uphold your right to make decisions including medical treatment or other interventions.
- It is your right to try new things. We will assist you to do so whilst ensuring that you are treated fairly and independently.
- We welcome your right to talk freely and express your thoughts, opinions and choices. We will listen to you, and we will include your family and carers if and when you want them to be included.
Participation and Inclusion
It is your right to be a valued member of your community
- We will provide any assistance needed for anyone to participate actively and meaningfully and we can develop connections within the community to help you to do this.
- It is your right to not only take part but feel included as a valued member of the community, how and when is your choice. As well as it being your right to decide when and how you have contact with your family and friends.
- We will help you to take part in the community, whilst getting to know you and the things you like to do.
- We promise to work with you, your family and carers if you choose so, as well as with organisations within the community if that is what will help you.
- At CFS we will also respect your cultural background and understand the needs and requirements that may come with it.
Set your own goals
- We will support the choices you make and we will be there when you need us, to help you to work towards those goals.
- By working with you independently we can assist you in reaching your goals and we will offer guidance and help you to recognise your strengths and weaknesses so you may learn and develop skills to help you achieve those goals and set even more.
- We help you recognise where you need extra support, and communicate with other services if that is what you need.
- We will respect your right to seek support from others, whether from your family, friends or an advocate of your choice.
- We will work fairly with you as an individual irrespective of age, gender, cultural background or sexuality.
Feedback and Complaints
Your feedback about our service is important
- It is your right to share your thoughts and opinions on anything related to the services we offer, your feedback, whether it is good or bad, can only help us to improve our services and we welcome it, without discrimination or negative consequences.
- We will keep you informed throughout the complaints process and inform you of the outcome and the reasons behind it.
- You have every right to seek the support from another person, whether that means a family member, carer or support person such as the Ombudsman, a lawyer or an advocate – whatever the issue, we will do everything in our power to solve the problem for you and to improve our services.
You have every right to seek and find the service you need
- It is your right to have access to the support you require fairly and equally.
- Feel free to ask about using any services and if it is not available, the reasons why will be explained clearly to you.
- We will be here to assist anyone enquiring about our services, with support and advice if needed or a referral to an alternative service if required.
- At CFS your feedback and opinions about our services are important, and we do make improvements based on your ideas.
- We understand that everyone communicates in different ways, we have a variety of ways that you can communicate with us safely, without discrimination and in privacy.
We will always aim for excellence in service
- We will always endeavour to meet service standards and maintain excellent service management by working closely with our clients to strengthen our systems and to ensure positive outcomes from any problems that may arise.
- We believe excellent staff and training, continuous improvement of services, good working processes and excellent communication are key.
- By being responsive to your feedback, and the opinions of others we can continuously improve our programs and maintain a high-quality service.
- The CFS Board is comprised of people who possess the skills and experience to fulfil the company’s responsibilities and who monitor the effectiveness of the organisation’s governance, policies and practices, and make changes as needed.